Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Venezuela: Maduro to take oath as acting president
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 10:50pm EST
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- The speaker of Venezuela's National Assembly says Vice President Nicolas Maduro will be sworn in as acting president Friday night, the same day a state funeral is held for Hugo Chavez.
Legislature chief Diosdado Cabello made the announcement on national television Thursday night.
On Tuesday, after announcing the president's death, the government said Maduro would both be acting president and the presidential candidate of the governing party.
The opposition cried foul. Venezuela's constitution specifies that upon Chavez's death, Cabello should have become interim president and elections for a new president called within 30 days.
The government said Tuesday that the election would be convoked in 30 days. It is not clear when they will be held.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.