Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Venezuela: Maduro to take oath as acting president
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 10:50pm EST
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- The speaker of Venezuela's National Assembly says Vice President Nicolas Maduro will be sworn in as acting president Friday night, the same day a state funeral is held for Hugo Chavez.
Legislature chief Diosdado Cabello made the announcement on national television Thursday night.
On Tuesday, after announcing the president's death, the government said Maduro would both be acting president and the presidential candidate of the governing party.
The opposition cried foul. Venezuela's constitution specifies that upon Chavez's death, Cabello should have become interim president and elections for a new president called within 30 days.
The government said Tuesday that the election would be convoked in 30 days. It is not clear when they will be held.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.