Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Quotes about the death of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 3:09am EST
The Associated Press
A selection of quotes from world leaders and ordinary citizens about the death of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
"We have lost a revolutionary, but millions of us remain inspired." -- Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa, one of Chavez's closest allies.
"Now I wonder, what is to become of us?"-- Maite Sierra, a 72-year-old Havana resident about fears that Chavez's death could have a negative effect in Cuba, a recipient of billions of dollars of Venezuelan oil at preferential terms.
"Hated by the entrenched classes, Hugo Chavez will live forever in history. My friend, rest finally in a peace long earned." -- Oliver Stone, who produced a film about Chavez and his leftist allies.
"We are not celebrating death ...We are celebrating the opening of a new door, of hope and change." -- Ana San Jorge, 37, speaking amid a jubilant crowd in the Miami suburb of Doral.
"Let there be no weakness, no violence. Let there be no hate. In our hearts there should only be one sentiment: Love. Love, peace and discipline." -- Vice President Nicolas Maduro, who becomes interim president following Chavez's death.
"Farewell forever, commander." -- Cuban folk singer Silvio Rodriguez, whose ode to revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara became famous.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.