Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Putin urges G20 ministers to consider social cost
Friday - 2/15/2013, 11:50am EST
MOSCOW (AP) -- Russia's President Vladimir Putin has called on financial chiefs of the world's leading industrial and developing nations to consider the political and social implications of their crucial policy steps.
Putin was on Friday hosting financial ministers and heads of central banks of the G20 group of nations ahead of their key meeting this weekend.
Putin told the gathering that financial authorities around the world should be mindful of political consequences as well as social implications on "various groups of the society" that many financial decisions lead to.
Governments across Europe, including Spain and Greece, have introduced harsh austerity measures in an attempt to control debts. This has had a damping effect on the countries' economies, leading to mass unemployment and broad public resistance.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.