Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lebanon to begin oil, gas exploration in 2015
Friday - 2/15/2013, 10:41am EST
BEIRUT (AP) -- Energy Minister Gibran Bassil says Lebanon will begin oil and gas exploration within two years.
Bassil spoke on Friday while launching a pre-qualification process for companies that want to get licenses for oil and gas work off the Lebanese coast.
Lebanon is a resource-poor nation and any finds could help it pay off what is one of the highest debt rates in the world.
Bassil told reporters that exploration will begin at the end of 2015 and development would start the following year.
Recent Israeli discoveries of oil and gas have raised tensions between Lebanon and Israel, which are in a state of war.
Both countries claim a small maritime area of 850 square kilometers (328 square miles) in the Mediterranean.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.