Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Nigerian police arrest 100 in separatists march
Monday - 11/5/2012, 12:35pm EST
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) - Police in southeast Nigeria say they arrested about 100 separatists who were marching and waving the flag of the failed breakaway Republic of Biafra.
Police spokesman Ebere Amaraizu said the arrests happened early Monday as unarmed members of the Biafra Zionist Movement marched near Enugu city.
The spokesman said the marchers carried the rising sun flags of the Biafran republic and wore military-style berets and armbands. He said he did not know what charges the men would face.
In 2011, a similar march saw participants face treason charges that were later dismissed.
The Republic of Biafra declared its independence from Nigeria in 1967. That sparked a civil war that killed 1 million people and nearly tore the oil-rich nation apart.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)