Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
12 Chinese workers die, 24 hurt in dormitory fire
Wednesday - 10/10/2012, 6:53am EDT
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese state media say a fire in a workers' dormitory has killed 12 people and injured 24 others in northwestern China.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the fire broke out early Wednesday in a dormitory for workers on a water diversion project in Shaanxi province. It did not report the cause.
It says the workers are from a tunnel engineering subsidiary of China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co. Ltd.
A report on a news site run by the province, cnwest.com, says the dormitory was a three-story make-shift building.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)