Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
12 Chinese workers die, 24 hurt in dormitory fire
Wednesday - 10/10/2012, 6:53am EDT
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese state media say a fire in a workers' dormitory has killed 12 people and injured 24 others in northwestern China.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the fire broke out early Wednesday in a dormitory for workers on a water diversion project in Shaanxi province. It did not report the cause.
It says the workers are from a tunnel engineering subsidiary of China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co. Ltd.
A report on a news site run by the province, cnwest.com, says the dormitory was a three-story make-shift building.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)