Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Egypt police say 15 suspected militants arrested
Wednesday - 10/31/2012, 2:39pm EDT
CAIRO (AP) - Egypt's Interior Ministry says it has detained 15 militants suspected of planning operations to destabilize the country in a series of raids.
A ministry statement said most had large amounts of explosives.
The statement Wednesday said the raids took place in different areas of Egypt over recent weeks. A Tunisian was among those arrested in a raid last week.
He was detained with two Egyptians on the same day authorities killed a Libyan militant suspected of involvement in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi last month. The authorities didn't say whether the two raids were linked.
The statement said another suspected militant was arrested with his brother while trying to flee to Libya. All those arrested were in possession of explosives, it said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)