Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
American man jailed in Cuba gets Hanukkah visit
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 4:29pm EST
HAVANA (AP) - An American man imprisoned in Cuba for crimes against the state has received another visit from Jewish leaders on the island.
Adela Dworin is president of the Jewish Community of Cuba. She said Thursday that she met with Maryland resident Alan Gross for an hour and a half Monday to mark Hanukkah.
They prayed, lit candles and shared latkes, a potato-pancake dish traditionally eaten during Hanukkah.
A photo showed a slender-looking Gross with Dworin and Community vice president David Prinstein. He held a hand-lettered sign in Spanish that read "I (heart) Judy" _ a reference to Gross' wife.
Gross was sentenced to 15 years for his work on a USAID democracy-building program in Cuba.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)