Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Reports: Last Polish communist ruler hospitalized
Wednesday - 12/12/2012, 3:09pm EST
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - Polish media are reporting that Gen. Wojciech Jaruzelski, Poland's last communist ruler, has been hospitalized with a heavy nosebleed.
The news agency PAP cites Jaruzelski's daughter, Monika Jaruzelska, as saying that the 89-year-old former leader was taken Wednesday to a Warsaw hospital after several spells of bleeding in recent days.
Jaruzelski's wife, Barbara Jaruzelska, was earlier quoted by the TVN24 broadcaster as saying his condition is "very serious." But his daughter said his life is not in danger.
Jaruzelski has suffered from serious health problems in recent years, including cancer for which he underwent chemotherapy.
Jaruzelski's hospitalization comes on the eve of the 31st anniversary of martial law, a repressive crackdown that he ordered against Lech Walesa's Solidarity movement in an attempt to crush the proponents of democracy.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)