Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Turkey's Erdogan considers Gaza visit
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 5:04am EST
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - Turkey's prime minister says he may visit the Gaza Strip alongside Hamas' supreme leader, Khaled Mashaal.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan told a group of Turkish journalists on Tuesday that he could spring a "surprise" and join Qatar-based Mashaal if he visits Gaza next month. Mashaal has invited the Turkish leader, who has cultivated close ties to Hamas and has long announced his intention to visit Gaza.
Erdogan's comments were reported by state-run TRT television on Wednesday.
Hamas says no date has been set for a visit for Mashaal to Gaza but an official for the group says he may go before Dec. 7, when it marks the 25th anniversary of its founding. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on the issue.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)