Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Israeli Arab killed in Syrian civil war
Wednesday - 9/18/2013, 1:11pm EDT
JERUSALEM (AP) - A family in Israel's Arab minority is mourning the death of their son, killed fighting in the Syrian civil war.
Zaki Agbariah said he is proud of his 28-year-old son Mueid. The family told Channel 1 television Wednesday that Mueid didn't tell anybody that he was going to Syria to fight.
This is the first known incident of an Arab-Israeli killed while fighting in the Syrian war. But it is not the first case of an Arab with Israeli citizenship joining the fighting.
In July, Israel's internal intelligence agency detained an Israeli Arab whom it said joined Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaida-linked rebel group fighting President Bashar Assad's forces.
Israel says its position is that it does not want to get involved in the fighting raging near its northern frontier.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)