Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Israeli Arab killed in Syrian civil war
Wednesday - 9/18/2013, 1:11pm EDT
JERUSALEM (AP) - A family in Israel's Arab minority is mourning the death of their son, killed fighting in the Syrian civil war.
Zaki Agbariah said he is proud of his 28-year-old son Mueid. The family told Channel 1 television Wednesday that Mueid didn't tell anybody that he was going to Syria to fight.
This is the first known incident of an Arab-Israeli killed while fighting in the Syrian war. But it is not the first case of an Arab with Israeli citizenship joining the fighting.
In July, Israel's internal intelligence agency detained an Israeli Arab whom it said joined Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaida-linked rebel group fighting President Bashar Assad's forces.
Israel says its position is that it does not want to get involved in the fighting raging near its northern frontier.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)