Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Paraguay seizes more cocaine along Brazil border
Sunday - 11/11/2012, 1:31pm EST
ASUNCION, Paraguay (AP) - Paraguayan officials say they have arrested a Bolivian drug lord and seized more than a ton of cocaine in a northern city along the border with Brazil.
Special agents said Sunday they found a 3,724 pound (1,689 kilogram) cargo at a ranch in Salto del Guairo, some 250 miles (400 kilometers) from the capital, Asuncion.
Agents reported a smaller find on Saturday. But additional searches near the ranch turned up more cocaine and an illegal landing strip.
The National Anti-drug Secretariat tells the Associated Press the drugs were about to be flown in five small planes to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
Authorities say they arrested alleged Bolivian drug lord Marco Antonio Rocca Ali and 18 other people, including Paraguayans, Brazilians and Bolivians.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)