Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Paraguay seizes more cocaine along Brazil border
Sunday - 11/11/2012, 1:31pm EST
ASUNCION, Paraguay (AP) - Paraguayan officials say they have arrested a Bolivian drug lord and seized more than a ton of cocaine in a northern city along the border with Brazil.
Special agents said Sunday they found a 3,724 pound (1,689 kilogram) cargo at a ranch in Salto del Guairo, some 250 miles (400 kilometers) from the capital, Asuncion.
Agents reported a smaller find on Saturday. But additional searches near the ranch turned up more cocaine and an illegal landing strip.
The National Anti-drug Secretariat tells the Associated Press the drugs were about to be flown in five small planes to Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
Authorities say they arrested alleged Bolivian drug lord Marco Antonio Rocca Ali and 18 other people, including Paraguayans, Brazilians and Bolivians.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)