Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Report: Israel fires flares over Lebanon
Monday - 3/18/2013, 3:22pm EDT
BEIRUT (AP) - Lebanon's state-run news agency says Israeli warplanes have violated Lebanese airspace.
Lebanon's National News Agency says Israeli warplanes dropped flares on Monday over the Mediterranean Sea, just off the coast near the southernmost town of Naqoura.
The Lebanese army did not immediately confirm the report.
But earlier Monday, the army issued statements alleging a series of violations of Lebanese airspace by Israeli jets.
Israel has escalated its flights over Lebanon in recent weeks amid regional tensions resulting mainly from the civil war in neighboring Syria.
The Israeli military declined to comment on the reports.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)