Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Report: Israel fires flares over Lebanon
Monday - 3/18/2013, 3:22pm EDT
BEIRUT (AP) - Lebanon's state-run news agency says Israeli warplanes have violated Lebanese airspace.
Lebanon's National News Agency says Israeli warplanes dropped flares on Monday over the Mediterranean Sea, just off the coast near the southernmost town of Naqoura.
The Lebanese army did not immediately confirm the report.
But earlier Monday, the army issued statements alleging a series of violations of Lebanese airspace by Israeli jets.
Israel has escalated its flights over Lebanon in recent weeks amid regional tensions resulting mainly from the civil war in neighboring Syria.
The Israeli military declined to comment on the reports.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)