Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Correction: Nicaragua-Volcano story
Thursday - 12/27/2012, 5:07pm EST
MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) - In a Dec. 26 story about a volcano erupting in Nicaragua, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the San Cristobal volcano is northeast of the capital, Managua. The volcano is northwest of the capital.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Families evacuate area near Nicaragua volcano
Families evacuate area near Nicaragua volcano after it spews hot gases, ash
MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) _ Nicaraguan authorities say they've ordered the evacuation of some 300 families living on the flanks of the country's highest volcano after it began spewing hot gas and ash on Tuesday.
Federal government spokeswoman and first lady Rosario Murillo told a local radio station that a yellow alert was declared Wednesday in a 1.8-mile radius around the San Cristobal volcano to allow the evacuation of residents who would be at highest risk during a significant eruption.
Murillo said 15 eruptions had been recorded over the last day at the volcano northwest of the capital of Managua. She said the volcano has emitted regular small eruptions, but larger ones are unpredictable. Authorities had wanted to move the closest residents away from the volcano as a precaution.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)