Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Russia's Putin meets with Israeli president
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 7:22am EST
MOSCOW (AP) - Russia's President Vladimir Putin has hosted his Israeli counterpart Shimon Peres for talks focusing on economic ties and international crises.
Putin said at the start of Thursday's meeting with Peres that bilateral ties have been developing successfully. The two leaders were expected to discuss the situation in Syria among other international issues.
Earlier, Peres took part in the opening of Moscow's Jewish Museum, the biggest in Europe. The Israeli president, whose parents were from Russia, said he felt "overwhelmed by memories" when he saw the exhibition.
Peres added that "there were many happy moments in our shared history despite the shadow of pogroms."
Putin described the museum's opening as a contribution to combating xenophobia.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)