Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Police official says 30 die in Nepal bus accident
Saturday - 1/12/2013, 12:20am EST
KATMANDU, Nepal (AP) - A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured.
Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog. The bus rolled about 300 meters (300 yards) from the road. Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage.
Among the dead were 22 men, seven women and a child.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)