Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
3 men plead guilty to terror charges in UK
Friday - 3/15/2013, 12:54pm EDT
LONDON (AP) - Three British Muslims, including a convert who was featured in a documentary about radical Islam, pleaded guilty to terrorism charges in London on Friday.
Richard Dart, 29, Imran Mahmood, 21, and Jahangir Alom, 26, were arrested last July and accused of traveling to Pakistan between 2010 and 2012 with the intention of committing terrorist acts. They also were accused of advising and counseling the commission of terrorism acts by providing information about travel to Pakistan, terrorism training and operational security while there.
Details on the allegations were not given at London's Old Bailey court, where the men pleaded guilty in an appearance by video-link.
Both Alom and Dart previously had come to public attention.
Dart appeared in a BBC documentary, "My Brother the Islamist," that chronicled the efforts of his filmmaker stepbrother Robb Leech to understand why Dart had rejected his family and embraced an uncompromising form of Islam. He was also featured in a YouTube video in which he criticized the British royal family, the marriage of Prince William to Kate Middleton and U.K. foreign policy.
Alom, a former police support officer, also made a YouTube appearance in which he expounded on his hardline beliefs.
The three men _ who had been due to face trial next month _ were remanded in custody for sentencing at a later date.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)