Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Car bomb attack in Somalia kills only the bomber
Friday - 12/14/2012, 10:16am EST
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - A Somali police official says a suicide car bomb explosion in Mogadishu killed only the bomber.
Police officer Abdullahi Barise said three bystanders were wounded when the c ar exploded Friday. The bomber appeared to be targeting a convoy of African Union and Somali troops.
Al-Shabab militants, who controlled Mogadishu for several years until they were pushed out in August 2011, continue to carry out insurgent-style attacks in the capital.
African Union and Somali troops have greatly expanded their area of control of Mogadishu and outlying areas over the last 18 months, leading to one of the most peaceful periods in Mogadishu in years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)