Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Car bomb attack in Somalia kills only the bomber
Friday - 12/14/2012, 10:16am EST
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - A Somali police official says a suicide car bomb explosion in Mogadishu killed only the bomber.
Police officer Abdullahi Barise said three bystanders were wounded when the c ar exploded Friday. The bomber appeared to be targeting a convoy of African Union and Somali troops.
Al-Shabab militants, who controlled Mogadishu for several years until they were pushed out in August 2011, continue to carry out insurgent-style attacks in the capital.
African Union and Somali troops have greatly expanded their area of control of Mogadishu and outlying areas over the last 18 months, leading to one of the most peaceful periods in Mogadishu in years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)