Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Car bomb attack in Somalia kills only the bomber
Friday - 12/14/2012, 10:16am EST
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) - A Somali police official says a suicide car bomb explosion in Mogadishu killed only the bomber.
Police officer Abdullahi Barise said three bystanders were wounded when the c ar exploded Friday. The bomber appeared to be targeting a convoy of African Union and Somali troops.
Al-Shabab militants, who controlled Mogadishu for several years until they were pushed out in August 2011, continue to carry out insurgent-style attacks in the capital.
African Union and Somali troops have greatly expanded their area of control of Mogadishu and outlying areas over the last 18 months, leading to one of the most peaceful periods in Mogadishu in years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)