Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bahrain explosion injures 7 policemen
Thursday - 5/30/2013, 5:22am EDT
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) - Bahraini police said they arrested three suspects Thursday over a bombing the previous night that wounded seven policemen and that was described as a "terrorist" attack in the violence-wracked Gulf kingdom.
Police have been targeted before during the more than two-year unrest on the strategic island nation, which is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet.
But the blast late Wednesday, using what was called a homemade device, was among the most police casualties in a single attack. The attack occurred in Bani Jamra, the site of frequent clashes about 10 kilometers (six miles) west of the capita, Manama.
Bahrain's Interior Ministry said three suspects were in custody and the investigation was ongoing. At least two of the policemen were reported to be in critical condition.
More than 60 people have been killed since Bahrain's majority Shiites began an Arab Spring-inspired uprising for a greater political voice in the Sunni-ruled nation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)