Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Libyan media claims terrorist cell arrested
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 4:00pm EDT
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) - Libya's official news agency is reporting that a government-affiliated militia group has arrested 10 members of a suspected "terrorist cell" accused of involvement in assassinations and bombings in the eastern city of Benghazi.
LANA quoted Col. Abdullah al-Zaidi, spokesman for a security body of former rebels known as the Joint Operation Room, as saying on Tuesday that the Libya Martyrs militia captured seven Libyans and three Chadians as they were trying to carry out an armed robbery in a suburb. Al-Zaidi didn't provide further details.
Former rebels themselves have been blamed for many acts of violence in Benghazi, and activists on social networking sites were skeptical of the announcement.
The arrest came a day before Libya marks the second anniversary of the end of its eight-month civil war.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)