Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Israeli forces kill Palestinian militant suspect
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 10:12am EDT
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel's security service and the military say Israeli forces have killed a Palestinian man in the West Bank believed responsible for a Tel Aviv bus bombing last year.
The Shin Bet says security forces sought to detain the suspect near the Palestinian village of Bilin on Tuesday.
It says the suspect took cover in a cave, from where he later fired at Israeli forces, prompting the troops to kill him. The security service says two of his accomplices were arrested.
The Shin Bet identified the suspect as Mohamed Aatzi, an Islamic Jihad militant behind last year's bus bombing of Tel Aviv during Israel's military offensive on the Gaza Strip. The explosion wounded Israeli passengers.
Clashes have erupted between Israeli soldiers and Palestinian villagers in the West Bank following Tuesday's raid.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)