Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Israeli forces kill Palestinian militant suspect
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 10:12am EDT
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel's security service and the military say Israeli forces have killed a Palestinian man in the West Bank believed responsible for a Tel Aviv bus bombing last year.
The Shin Bet says security forces sought to detain the suspect near the Palestinian village of Bilin on Tuesday.
It says the suspect took cover in a cave, from where he later fired at Israeli forces, prompting the troops to kill him. The security service says two of his accomplices were arrested.
The Shin Bet identified the suspect as Mohamed Aatzi, an Islamic Jihad militant behind last year's bus bombing of Tel Aviv during Israel's military offensive on the Gaza Strip. The explosion wounded Israeli passengers.
Clashes have erupted between Israeli soldiers and Palestinian villagers in the West Bank following Tuesday's raid.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)