Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Site users urged to buy Seattle hero wedding gifts
Saturday - 6/7/2014, 4:12pm EDT
SEATTLE (AP) -- Readers of the popular social media website Reddit are being asked to buy wedding gifts for the young man being hailed as a hero after he subdued a gunman who opened fire on a Seattle college campus.
Jon Meis and other students stopped the gunman Thursday at Seattle Pacific University.
A 26-year-old suspect was apprehended following the shooting that left a 19-year-old man dead and two other young people wounded. Police say the quick action by Meis likely saved lives.
The 22-year-old Meis is a dean's list electrical engineering student and is planning to marry his girlfriend later this month. A post on the Seattle Reddit page says: "This is the wedding registry for the man who subdued the SPU gunman. You know what to do."
A voice message at a phone listing for his parents' house asks for privacy and prayers for the family of the man killed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.