Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New Amazon shopping site supports charity
Wednesday - 10/30/2013, 2:48pm EDT
SEATTLE (AP) -- Amazon has launched a new website for its online store that will donate a fraction of shoppers' purchase amounts to charity.
Amazon.com Inc. launched the site, smile.amazon.com, on Wednesday. The world's largest online retailer says people will find the same items and the same prices that they would on its regular site or mobile app, with some exceptions.
But the Seattle company will donate half a percent of the purchase amount to a charity of the shopper's choosing. Amazon says people can choose from nearly 1 million organizations around the U.S. for the donation.
There is no cap on the total donation amount. Subscription renewals are not currently eligible for donations.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.