Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
IDC: Smartphone shipments up 39 percent in 3Q
Wednesday - 10/30/2013, 11:50am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- Research group IDC says worldwide shipments of smartphones grew 39 percent in the most recent quarter to 258 million as Samsung and Apple maintained their dominance.
The total sets a record, beating the previous high of 237 million in the second quarter.
Samsung Electronics Co. remains the world's largest smartphone maker, shipping more than the next four vendors combined. It shipped 81 million in the July-September quarter for a market share of 31 percent. Apple Inc. shipped 34 million iPhones, for a market share of 13 percent. The company introduced two new iPhones toward the end of the quarter.
Rounding out the top 5 are Huawei with 12.5 million, Lenovo with 12.3 million and LG Electronics Inc. with 12.0 million, each with a market share of less than 5 percent.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.