Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AT&T closes on $780M buy of Atlantic Tele-Network
Monday - 9/23/2013, 9:30am EDT
DALLAS (AP) -- AT&T has closed on its $780 million acquisition of Atlantic Tele-Network Inc., a wireless phone operator that operates under the Alltel brand with 590,000 subscribers.
The network covers about 4.5 million mostly rural residents in Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Ohio, North Carolina and South Carolina.
AT&T says it will begin upgrading the network and will roll out its "4G LTE" service in former Alltel areas by late 2014.
Dallas-based AT&T Inc. will release its third-quarter results on Oct. 23. It said Friday that it expects to show growth its smartphone base by 1 million in the quarter, with higher smartphone upgrades than a year earlier, followed by a year-over-year decline in upgrades in the fourth quarter.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.