Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
French watchdog raids Apple stores
Tuesday - 7/2/2013, 6:30pm EDT
PARIS (AP) -- French competition authorities have confirmed that investigators raided Apple stores across France last week as part of an ongoing probe.
Autorite de la Concurrence spokesman Yannick Le Droze confirmed a report in French business daily Les Echos that first disclosed the investigation, but declined to answer questions about the reasons behind the probe.
Apple representatives in France did not return phone calls seeking comment.
According to Les Echos, authorities are investigating Apple's relationships with its distributors. An Apple distributor called eBizcuss, which went out of business last year, has reportedly filed complaints with the competition watchdog accusing Apple of favoring its own stores at the expense of independent distributors.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.