Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
India Wipro quarterly profit up 17 percent
Friday - 4/19/2013, 5:30am EDT
MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Indian outsourcing company Wipro Ltd. says its quarterly profit rose 17 percent to 17.3 billion rupees ($317 million) as information technology services revenue grew.
Wipro on Friday reported quarterly revenue of 110 billion rupees ($2 billion), up 12 percent from a year earlier. It forecast lower revenue of 85 billion to 87 billion rupees ($1.58 billion to $1.61 billion) for the April-June quarter.
Wipro executives said sales in the first quarter of the fiscal year are traditionally weak.
India's third-largest information technology outsourcing company said profit for the fiscal year that ended March 31 rose by 19 percent to 66 billion rupees ($1.2 billion).
The Wipro results come after a strong profit result from top Indian outsourcer Tata Consultancy Services and a disappointing forecast by rival Infosys.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.