Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
India Wipro quarterly profit up 17 percent
Friday - 4/19/2013, 5:30am EDT
MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Indian outsourcing company Wipro Ltd. says its quarterly profit rose 17 percent to 17.3 billion rupees ($317 million) as information technology services revenue grew.
Wipro on Friday reported quarterly revenue of 110 billion rupees ($2 billion), up 12 percent from a year earlier. It forecast lower revenue of 85 billion to 87 billion rupees ($1.58 billion to $1.61 billion) for the April-June quarter.
Wipro executives said sales in the first quarter of the fiscal year are traditionally weak.
India's third-largest information technology outsourcing company said profit for the fiscal year that ended March 31 rose by 19 percent to 66 billion rupees ($1.2 billion).
The Wipro results come after a strong profit result from top Indian outsourcer Tata Consultancy Services and a disappointing forecast by rival Infosys.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.