Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Facebook adds University of Calif chief to board
Friday - 3/8/2013, 1:18pm EST
MENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) -- Facebook says the chancellor of the University of California at San Francisco, Susan Desmond-Hellmann, will join its board of directors.
She will be the second woman elected to the Menlo Park, Calif., company's board, joining Facebook's No. 2 executive, Sheryl Sandberg. The company named Sandberg to the body last June after criticism that its directors were all men.
Before serving as chancellor, Desmond-Hellmann was an executive at biotechnology drugmaker Genentech, which markets some of the best-selling cancer drugs in the world. She is a doctor with a specialty in treating cancer.
Facebook Inc.'s board also includes Netflix Inc. chief Reed Hastings, entrepreneurs Marc Andreessen and Peter Thiel, and Washington Post Co. CEO Donald Graham. Facebook CEO and founder Mark Zuckerberg is chairman of the board, which now has nine members.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.