Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Czech news media face cyberattacks
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 7:20am EST
PRAGUE (AP) -- Leading media websites in the Czech Republic say they have come under repeated and powerful cyberattacks.
The online editions of Mlada Fronta Dnes, a major newspaper, and of the respected business daily Hospodarske Noviny were among the affected.
The attacks occurred Monday morning and again in the afternoon.
Mlada Fronta Dnes' iDNES.cz says it considers the denial of service attacks the biggest it has ever faced. It says they likely originated from infected computers abroad.
Lucie Tvaruzkova, editor-in-chief of IHNED.cz, the site that belongs to Hospodarske Noviny, says "it was a coordinated attack on big media websites in the Czech Republic."
Tvaruzkova says it is not clear who is behind the attacks.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.