Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Czech news media face cyberattacks
Wednesday - 3/6/2013, 7:20am EST
PRAGUE (AP) -- Leading media websites in the Czech Republic say they have come under repeated and powerful cyberattacks.
The online editions of Mlada Fronta Dnes, a major newspaper, and of the respected business daily Hospodarske Noviny were among the affected.
The attacks occurred Monday morning and again in the afternoon.
Mlada Fronta Dnes' iDNES.cz says it considers the denial of service attacks the biggest it has ever faced. It says they likely originated from infected computers abroad.
Lucie Tvaruzkova, editor-in-chief of IHNED.cz, the site that belongs to Hospodarske Noviny, says "it was a coordinated attack on big media websites in the Czech Republic."
Tvaruzkova says it is not clear who is behind the attacks.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.