Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Original Netflix show starts in Feb.
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 2:42pm EST
(AP) - ITS OWN "SOPRANOS": Netflix's ambitious bid for a flagship original drama of its own, "House of Cards," is an adaptation of a British political thriller.
COMING SOON: The entire first season of "House of Cards" _ 13 hours _ will start streaming on Netflix on Feb. 1. The online video and DVD-by-mail company reportedly paid about $100 million for two seasons of the HBO-style show, which stars Kevin Spacey and was produced by the Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher.
TURNING POINT: The show could herald the transition of television away from pricey cable bundles and toward the Internet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)