Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Original Netflix show starts in Feb.
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 2:42pm EST
(AP) - ITS OWN "SOPRANOS": Netflix's ambitious bid for a flagship original drama of its own, "House of Cards," is an adaptation of a British political thriller.
COMING SOON: The entire first season of "House of Cards" _ 13 hours _ will start streaming on Netflix on Feb. 1. The online video and DVD-by-mail company reportedly paid about $100 million for two seasons of the HBO-style show, which stars Kevin Spacey and was produced by the Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher.
TURNING POINT: The show could herald the transition of television away from pricey cable bundles and toward the Internet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)