Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Original Netflix show starts in Feb.
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 2:42pm EST
(AP) - ITS OWN "SOPRANOS": Netflix's ambitious bid for a flagship original drama of its own, "House of Cards," is an adaptation of a British political thriller.
COMING SOON: The entire first season of "House of Cards" _ 13 hours _ will start streaming on Netflix on Feb. 1. The online video and DVD-by-mail company reportedly paid about $100 million for two seasons of the HBO-style show, which stars Kevin Spacey and was produced by the Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher.
TURNING POINT: The show could herald the transition of television away from pricey cable bundles and toward the Internet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)