Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Original Netflix show starts in Feb.
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 2:42pm EST
(AP) - ITS OWN "SOPRANOS": Netflix's ambitious bid for a flagship original drama of its own, "House of Cards," is an adaptation of a British political thriller.
COMING SOON: The entire first season of "House of Cards" _ 13 hours _ will start streaming on Netflix on Feb. 1. The online video and DVD-by-mail company reportedly paid about $100 million for two seasons of the HBO-style show, which stars Kevin Spacey and was produced by the Academy Award-nominated director David Fincher.
TURNING POINT: The show could herald the transition of television away from pricey cable bundles and toward the Internet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)