Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Yelp to add restaurants' health-inspection grades
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 3:24pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Reviews site Yelp is adding restaurants' health-inspection grades to its site, giving users yet another filter through which they can decide where to eat.
Yelp Inc. said Thursday that city-provided health-score information will be available in San Francisco first. Restaurant grades in New York City will be added in the coming weeks.
San Francisco-based Yelp says its engineers have been working with the cities in designing technology that lets municipalities publish inspection information on its website.
For San Francisco businesses, the new program displays restaurant health scores _ for example, 92 out of 100. Clicking on the number takes users to a page with more detailed information about the restaurant's recent inspections. In New York, restaurants are given letter grades of A, B or C by health inspectors.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)