Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Yelp to add restaurants' health-inspection grades
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 3:24pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Reviews site Yelp is adding restaurants' health-inspection grades to its site, giving users yet another filter through which they can decide where to eat.
Yelp Inc. said Thursday that city-provided health-score information will be available in San Francisco first. Restaurant grades in New York City will be added in the coming weeks.
San Francisco-based Yelp says its engineers have been working with the cities in designing technology that lets municipalities publish inspection information on its website.
For San Francisco businesses, the new program displays restaurant health scores _ for example, 92 out of 100. Clicking on the number takes users to a page with more detailed information about the restaurant's recent inspections. In New York, restaurants are given letter grades of A, B or C by health inspectors.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)