Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ex-Nokia CEO Kallasvuo heads TV software company
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 11:42am EST
HELSINKI (AP) - Former Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo has joined Swedish TV software company Zenterio as chairman of the board.
Kallasvuo, who headed the Finnish company in 2006-2010, when it was the world leading cellphone maker, told The Associated Press he aims to promote an operating system for interactive TV sets on a global scale.
He says in an interview Thursday that the market includes 650 million customers who are increasingly using TVs to connect to the Internet.
He noted "the market of operating the software for the set-top boxes and TVs is extremely fragmented."
Zenterio, launched in 2002, said former Sony Ericsson CTO Mats Lindoff has been named chief technical officer. Based in Stockholm, its customers include TV operators, global systems integrators, TV and set-top box manufacturers and chip makers.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)