Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Some details about CES gadget show in Las Vegas
Friday - 1/11/2013, 11:43am EST
(AP) - The 2013 International CES gadget show, the biggest trade show in the Americas, is taking place in Las Vegas this week. It's a place for technology companies to showcase the television sets, computers and other gadgets they plan.
Here are some details about the show, formerly known as Consumer Electronics Show.
By The Numbers: The Consumer Electronics Association, which organizes the show, expects attendance close to the 156,000 people who turned out last year. That's pretty much at capacity for Las Vegas, which has about 150,000 hotel rooms. The show spans some 1.9 million square feet of booths and exhibits, which is equivalent to 33 football fields.
Location: The Las Vegas Convention Center and nearby hotels.
Dates: Qualcomm Inc. CEO Paul Jacobs kicked off the event on Monday evening. The show floor is open Tuesday through Friday.
Visiting: CES is only open to those in the consumer electronics industry. A business card or other business ID is required. The general public cannot attend.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)