Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Some details about CES gadget show in Las Vegas
Friday - 1/11/2013, 11:43am EST
(AP) - The 2013 International CES gadget show, the biggest trade show in the Americas, is taking place in Las Vegas this week. It's a place for technology companies to showcase the television sets, computers and other gadgets they plan.
Here are some details about the show, formerly known as Consumer Electronics Show.
By The Numbers: The Consumer Electronics Association, which organizes the show, expects attendance close to the 156,000 people who turned out last year. That's pretty much at capacity for Las Vegas, which has about 150,000 hotel rooms. The show spans some 1.9 million square feet of booths and exhibits, which is equivalent to 33 football fields.
Location: The Las Vegas Convention Center and nearby hotels.
Dates: Qualcomm Inc. CEO Paul Jacobs kicked off the event on Monday evening. The show floor is open Tuesday through Friday.
Visiting: CES is only open to those in the consumer electronics industry. A business card or other business ID is required. The general public cannot attend.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)