Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
LG raises investments despite uncertain economy
Sunday - 1/6/2013, 11:13pm EST
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - LG Group says it is increasing annual investments to record highs despite the uncertainty in the global economy and slow consumer demand.
The South Korean conglomerate said Monday it is boosting spending on facilities and research and development by 19 percent in 2013 over a year earlier to 20 trillion won ($18.8 billion).
LG says it has allocated 67 percent of the investment to its electronics units, LG Electronics and LG Display.
Electronics companies will use 13.4 trillion won to build production lines for small-size LCD panels and advanced displays called OLED. Part of the money will be invested in developing future displays, including flexible displays and transparent screens.
The group says LG Electronics, LG Display, LG Chem and other units will hire about 15,000 employees this year, same as 2012.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)