Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: LivingSocial cuts 400 jobs worldwide
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 4:00pm EST
(AP) - DONE DEAL: Online deals company LivingSocial is cutting 400 jobs, or about 9 percent of its workforce, as the deals market continues to face challenges.
DEEPEST CUTS: The company's sales force faced the most cuts. Others are in customer service and editorial, the people who write up the deals. LivingSocial said it is moving its customer service operations to Tucson, Ariz., from Washington, where it has its headquarters.
TOUGH SELLS: Over the past year or so, online deals have gone from fad to a much-copied business model that's easy to set up but difficult to sustain.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)