Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Scripps Networks posts higher 3Q earnings
Thursday - 11/1/2012, 10:27am EDT
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., the operator of pay-TV networks such as Food Network and HGTV, said Thursday that its third-quarter net income grew 20 percent thanks to higher revenue from both advertising and distributor fees.
The company earned $118.4 million, or 78 cents per share, up 20 percent from $98.6 million, or 65 cents per share, in the same period a year ago.
Revenue grew 12 percent to $566.2 million from $503.7 million.
Analysts, on average, were expecting earnings of 74 cents per share on revenue of $555.6 million, according to a poll by FactSet.
Advertising revenue grew 10 percent from a year ago to $377 million and affiliate fee revenue jumped 18 percent to $175 million.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)