Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
$100M pledged to US-Israeli electric car venture
Thursday - 11/1/2012, 9:16am EDT
JERUSALEM (AP) - U.S.-Israeli electric car venture Better Place says investors have pledged it $100 million in additional financing.
Top shareholder The Israel Corp. says it will pump in $67 million in this round, on top of previous investments of some $250 million.
Better Place Spokeswoman Julie Mullins confirmed the pledges Thursday but said the financing round has not formally closed.
In all, Better Place, which is going through turbulent times, has raised $850 million.
Better Place has spent close to half a billion dollars developing and deploying a network in Israel, its pilot site. But sales here are weak and founder Shai Agassi abruptly left the company last month.
The Israeli Corp. informed the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange on Wednesday that the current financing round is designed to advance sales.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)