Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: T-Mobile names new CEO
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 4:10pm EDT
(AP) - NEW CEO: T-Mobile on Wednesday named the former CEO of Global Crossing, John Legere, as its new chief executive.
COMPANY CONTEXT: Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA is the U.S. cellphone business of Germay's Deutsche Telekom AG. The country's fourth-largest wireless carrier, it has been struggling to compete against its larger rivals.
EXEC MOVES: The 54-year-old Legere takes over the post from interim CEO Jim Alling. He had served in that position since late June, when former CEO Philipp Humm resigned. Alling will now return to his role as chief operating officer.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)