Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: T-Mobile names new CEO
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 4:10pm EDT
(AP) - NEW CEO: T-Mobile on Wednesday named the former CEO of Global Crossing, John Legere, as its new chief executive.
COMPANY CONTEXT: Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA is the U.S. cellphone business of Germay's Deutsche Telekom AG. The country's fourth-largest wireless carrier, it has been struggling to compete against its larger rivals.
EXEC MOVES: The 54-year-old Legere takes over the post from interim CEO Jim Alling. He had served in that position since late June, when former CEO Philipp Humm resigned. Alling will now return to his role as chief operating officer.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)