Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Sony plans slimmer PlayStation 3
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 1:58pm EDT
(AP) - CONSOLE UPDATE: Sony Corp. is introducing a smaller, slimmer and lighter version of the PlayStation 3 in time for the holiday shopping season. The global rollout starts Sept. 25 in North America.
CONTEXT: The Japanese electronics giant is struggling as its other businesses suffer from competition with Apple Inc.'s iPhone and cheaper Asian rivals. The company is banking on games to help steer a turnaround.
DETAILS: The new PlayStation 3 is half the size of the original model, introduced in 2006. It also offers more hard-drive memory. Prices start at $269 in North America.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)