Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
YouTube selects 10 shorts films for Venice Fest
Wednesday - 8/1/2012, 12:01am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) - YouTube's inaugural film festival has selected 10 short films that it will send to the Venice Film Festival.
The Google video site announced Wednesday the finalists of its Your Film Festival. The contest was overseen by director Ridley Scott, whose production company helped winnow the 15,000 submissions down to 10.
All 10 films will be screened at the Venice Film Festival on Sept. 2. A winner will then be chosen by a jury including Scott and Michael Fassbender and awarded a grant of $500,000.
The finalists hail from around the globe, with entries from the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Bolivia, Spain, the U.K., Lebanon and Egypt.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)