Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Rowling webcast will promote new Potter kids club
Tuesday - 7/31/2012, 3:28pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) - J.K. Rowling's next book is for adults, but she will be on hand this fall to help promote a new club for kids, the Harry Potter Reading Club.
Scholastic Inc. announced Tuesday that Rowling will participate in a live webcast at noon on Oct. 11 from her hometown of Edinburgh, Scotland, taking pre-submitted questions from her young fans. The discussion will take place on scholastic.com/hpreadingclub, the website for an online Potter club launched Tuesday by Scholastic.
The club is designed for schools and libraries and parents. It will include discussion guides, a glossary, interactive features and information on community events. Rowling will contribute original commentary. She has a novel for grown-ups out in September called "The Casual Vacancy."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)