Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Number of active users at Facebook over the years
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 5:41pm EST
(AP) - Facebook says it now has 1.06 billion people using the site each month, slightly more than the 1.01 billion reported three months earlier.
The figure is as of Dec. 31 and was disclosed Wednesday in Facebook's quarterly earnings report.
Facebook also says it had 618 million active users each day on average in December and 680 million using Facebook from a mobile device each month. Facebook says the fourth quarter is the first time mobile daily users exceeded those on regular computers.
Here is a look at how the number of active users at Facebook has grown:
1 million _ End of 2004.
5.5 million _ End of 2005.
12 million _ End of 2006.
20 million _ April 2007.
50 million _ October 2007.
100 million _ August 2008.
150 million _ January 2009.
175 million _ February 2009.
200 million _ April 2009.
250 million _ July 2009.
300 million _ September 2009.
350 million _ End of 2009.
400 million _ February 2010.
500 million _ July 2010.
608 million _ End of 2010.
750 million _ July 2011.
800 million _ September 2011.
845 million _ End of 2011.
901 million _ March 2012.
955 million _ June 2012.
1.01 billion _ September 2012.
1.06 billion _ December 2012.
Source: Facebook Inc.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)