Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Number of active users at Facebook over the years
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 5:41pm EST
(AP) - Facebook says it now has 1.06 billion people using the site each month, slightly more than the 1.01 billion reported three months earlier.
The figure is as of Dec. 31 and was disclosed Wednesday in Facebook's quarterly earnings report.
Facebook also says it had 618 million active users each day on average in December and 680 million using Facebook from a mobile device each month. Facebook says the fourth quarter is the first time mobile daily users exceeded those on regular computers.
Here is a look at how the number of active users at Facebook has grown:
1 million _ End of 2004.
5.5 million _ End of 2005.
12 million _ End of 2006.
20 million _ April 2007.
50 million _ October 2007.
100 million _ August 2008.
150 million _ January 2009.
175 million _ February 2009.
200 million _ April 2009.
250 million _ July 2009.
300 million _ September 2009.
350 million _ End of 2009.
400 million _ February 2010.
500 million _ July 2010.
608 million _ End of 2010.
750 million _ July 2011.
800 million _ September 2011.
845 million _ End of 2011.
901 million _ March 2012.
955 million _ June 2012.
1.01 billion _ September 2012.
1.06 billion _ December 2012.
Source: Facebook Inc.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)