Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
By The Numbers: Netflix subscribers
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 5:00pm EST
(AP) - Netflix said Wednesday that its Internet video service added 2 million U.S. subscribers during the final three months of the year to produce an unexpected profit for the company. Here's a breakdown of Netflix Inc.'s subscribers as of Dec. 31 and details on its forecast:
_ 27.1 million in U.S., gain of 2.0 million during the fourth quarter
_ 6.1 million outside the U.S., gain of 1.8 million
_ 33.3 million total, gain of 3.9 million
_ 8.2 million in U.S., loss of 382,000. DVD service is not available in other countries.
Some U.S. customers have both plans and are counted twice. Netflix didn't report the number of unique subscribers, as it had in previous quarters.
Forecast for the quarter through March:
_ 28.5 million to 29.2 million in U.S.
_ 6.6 million to 7.3 million outside U.S.
_ 7.6 million to 8.05 million in U.S.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)