Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
By The Numbers: Netflix subscribers
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 5:00pm EST
(AP) - Netflix said Wednesday that its Internet video service added 2 million U.S. subscribers during the final three months of the year to produce an unexpected profit for the company. Here's a breakdown of Netflix Inc.'s subscribers as of Dec. 31 and details on its forecast:
_ 27.1 million in U.S., gain of 2.0 million during the fourth quarter
_ 6.1 million outside the U.S., gain of 1.8 million
_ 33.3 million total, gain of 3.9 million
_ 8.2 million in U.S., loss of 382,000. DVD service is not available in other countries.
Some U.S. customers have both plans and are counted twice. Netflix didn't report the number of unique subscribers, as it had in previous quarters.
Forecast for the quarter through March:
_ 28.5 million to 29.2 million in U.S.
_ 6.6 million to 7.3 million outside U.S.
_ 7.6 million to 8.05 million in U.S.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)