Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Biographical details on Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer
Tuesday - 7/17/2012, 1:46pm EDT
(AP) - On Tuesday, former Google executive Marissa Mayer began her job as Yahoo's fifth CEO in as many years, not including two who served on an interim basis. Here are some biographical details on her:
NAME: Marissa Mayer
EDUCATION: B.S. in symbolic systems and M.S. in computer science from Stanford University, specializing in artificial intelligence for both. She received an honorary doctorate of engineering.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Started at Google Inc. in 1999 as its first female engineer and 20th employee overall. Most recently responsible for Google's mapping products, location services, Google Local, Street View and a slew of other products. Helped create Google's flagship search service and the well-known white-background home page the company is still known for.
BOARD SEATS: Wal-Mart Stores Inc., San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco Ballet and New York City Ballet.
QUOTE: "I look forward to working with the company's dedicated employees to bring innovative products, content and personalized experiences to users and advertisers all around the world."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)