Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Amazon's larger Kindle Fire HD ships early
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 11:53am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Amazon has started shipping the larger version of its Kindle Fire HD tablet computer on Thursday, five days ahead of schedule.
Amazon is short on stock, though, so new orders won't ship until Dec. 3. Amazon.com Inc. had been taking orders for shipment on Nov. 20.
The Kindle Fire is one of several tablets challenging Apple's iPad.
The tablet, which has an 8.9-inch screen measured diagonally, is available on Amazon's website for $299. The tablet will be available at Best Buy stores beginning Friday and at more retailers in the coming weeks.
A version with cellular access is available for $499 and will start shipping next week as planned, though new orders won't ship until Dec. 3.
The smaller version, which has a 7-inch screen, has been available since September.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)