Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Google releases tablet app for social network
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 4:18pm EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Google's Plus social network will have its own app for tablet computers.
A version for Android devices is available Wednesday, while one for Apple's iPad is coming "very soon." The app will help you send invites to friends for events such as birthday parties. It will also make it easier for you to share and organize photos on Google Plus.
Google considers Google Plus crucial to challenging Facebook Inc.
Launched nearly a year ago, Google Plus now has 250 million registered users. That's far smaller than Facebook's more than 900 million _ and that counts only those who use the service in a given month. But at nearly the one-year mark, Facebook had just a million.
Google also says more people use Google Plus from mobile devices than traditional computers.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)