Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Google releases tablet app for social network
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 4:18pm EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Google's Plus social network will have its own app for tablet computers.
A version for Android devices is available Wednesday, while one for Apple's iPad is coming "very soon." The app will help you send invites to friends for events such as birthday parties. It will also make it easier for you to share and organize photos on Google Plus.
Google considers Google Plus crucial to challenging Facebook Inc.
Launched nearly a year ago, Google Plus now has 250 million registered users. That's far smaller than Facebook's more than 900 million _ and that counts only those who use the service in a given month. But at nearly the one-year mark, Facebook had just a million.
Google also says more people use Google Plus from mobile devices than traditional computers.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)