Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
US Navy sailor, fiancee to marry at Nevada airport
Monday - 11/18/2013, 8:47pm EST
RENO, Nev. (AP) -- A U.S. Navy sailor from California and his high school sweetheart are so excited to get married, they're going to tie the knot as soon as his plane lands at a Nevada airport.
The wedding is scheduled for 11:30 p.m. Monday at Reno-Tahoe International Airport. That's just minutes after seaman Dylan Ruffer is scheduled to arrive after an 11-month deployment off the coast of war-torn Syria.
Madison Meinhardt of Chester, Calif., contacted the airport three weeks ago because her fiance told her he wants to get married the minute he sees her.
The Eldorado Hotel-Casino is donating the wedding cake, limousine and honeymoon suite for the couple, who met at Chester High School.
The Blue Star Moms and Patriot Guard veterans group plan to help airport officials make it a special ceremony.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.